This is my online Portfolio for Med104 Engaging Media.
Here is my response to "Identify personal media use and preferences":
My use of media is...
News: I read a local American paper daily, along with Sydney Morning Herald, and HeraldSun and The Age, I also check out whats going on over in England
Social Media: I use Facebook as I find it really easy to keep in touch with local and overseas friends. I also use Messenger and Skype. Have never given Twitter a go.
Online Banking/Online Shopping: I do all of my banking online (just the occasional cheque deposit through the drive thru bank tellers they have over here in US). Love online shopping - LOVE Amazon!!
Music: Listen to 80's music in the car - yes stuck in a time warp, can't help it :-)
Books/reading: I love books, but find I run out of time to sit down with one. I skim through Magazines.
Television: We have cable with every possible channel available, funny thing is, I tend to watch reruns of old sitcoms etc when I have the chance.
Phone/Mobile phone: I am addicted to my blackberry - I use it for everything. Internet, email, messenger, blackberry chat, facebook and really whatever else I can - comes in handy whilst waiting at the dentist office ;-) Our home phone is actually through a service called Vonage. It connects through the internet and we pay a set amount per month like $40ish dollars and we can make as many calls as we want, interstate no extra and all free calls to Australia - I can talk for hours and it wont cost us a cent extra!
Research/study: I do everything online - I have taken the kids to the local library, just so they can borrow books etc, but as for me, I never checkout any study materials from there.
Special mention: I would be completely and utterly lost if I didn't have access to the internet! I am truly addicted :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment