Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Module 2.1 Entertain Me! Who makes your entertainment? Institutions, audiences & participatory culture.

1. Summarise the main points in the readings noting your agreement and disagreement with the ideas and opinions of the author/speaker.

This reading mainly talks about how a blockbuster is made. The process it goes through to be a potential blockbuster and the way the movie powerhouses use various techniques to grab the attention of the public and then how they keep it within public interest.
I agree with the authors views on the strategies used to entice the public to be interested in a potential blockbuster - It’s all about marketing and having the right advertising avenues, along with the right actors and releasing at the right time.

2. Identify the individuals, organisations and technologies involved in the production, delivery and consumption of the text you chose last week. You may use any source to identify this information, but you must reference your sources.

The first key players who are involved with my chosen text of last week are the following:
* Producer - Ryan Murphy
* Co-creators: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan.
* Executive producers Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto.
* Co-executive producer: Ian Brennan serves as.
* The FOX network as this is where the show is aired!!
* The actors
* Advertising/Media Outlets

References:
http://www.fox.com/glee/about/


3. Incorporate any of your reflections, ideas, opinions about issues addressed in lectures, readings and/or tutorial activities.

* Reflection time………Let me talk about the thing that has really made me have a negative opinion, and that is Vidding! Having never heard of it before until this unit, I was interested to see what it actually was. Personally, I couldn’t think of anything more boring than vidding. Taking an existing video clip and combining it with a music clip is not how I would want to spend my time. I find it hard to classify it as “artwork” as it is just taking existing material and merging them together. Each to their own I say, and if that’s what you are into, then that’s great but I have other things I would rather do.

* Another lingering thought……I am still not sure what I will be doing for my remediation assignment! (Wouldn’t it be amusing if I actually ended up “vidding” that assignment!)

4. Identify a text that you consider to be particularly interactive. Note the features that make the text interactive.

Well a networking social site such as facebook is extremely interactive. Not only can you instant chat, leave messages, post photos, but you can play many interactive games where friends can also assist you. It’s an online social playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment